Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Supercar Destroyer

I think usually I'll blog about cars that you and I don't laugh at the price of, but for my first post I have something special. I really used to hate Mercedes-Benz, probably because I'm a big BMW fan and the two companies are sort of like Almizan vs. Trucker hats (i.e. enemies). But then they came out with the SL65 Black Series. Alright, let's get the worst out of the way: it costs $320,000. But just look at it, it's fantastic. Quick specs: Twin-turbo V12 (that's big), 661 horsepower (that's really big), and 738 lb.-ft. of torque (are you kidding?). But there's another reason I adore this car that's separate from its specs and its looks- its name. Now the big three (Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz) all already have their racing lines. Audi has it's prestigious RS line, BMW has the legendary M-division, and Mercedes holds the vaunted AMG. This car, though, is such an absolute monster that they assigned it an extra badge! If you were to ask me what my favorite car is, well, I wouldn't say this car. What is? Until next time....

No comments: