Wednesday, August 6, 2008

BMW sends a chill down Mercedes' spine

BMW makes people eat shit up, and for good reason. You've seen GINA. You know how awesome the M3 is. The company knows how to build high quality performance. It is more than a little surprising then that they don't have a true supercar in their arsenal. In my post last week I mentioned that usually I will discuss cars that we don't laugh at the price of. I bring you the M1. Well, what would be the M1. Its price is $0. BMW isn't going to make it. In my opinion, they built this prototype for two reasons: First, to celebrate the thirty year anniversary of the original M1's (that Lamborghini designed race car of old) debut. Second, to let rival automakers (this means you, Mercedes and Audi) know what's up. This was to tell them that "Yeah, if we wanted to, we could make a super car. Lucky for you we aren't."

This prototype then, was just for fun. But that doesn't mean it isn't awesome. I mean, just look at it. You know that BMW finally decided to not take themselves too seriously, and the result is magnificent. It is pretty and ugly at the same time, and the below picture has been my wallpaper for two weeks now, which is saying something. So is this my favorite car? No. What is? Until next time....

No comments: