Sunday, January 25, 2009

Prom Queen -- First single from Lil' Wayne's rock album! UPDATED w/o DJ Tags.


So, Lil' Wayne is set to release his rock debut Rebirth on April 7th, and here is the first single, "Prom Queen". It is all tagged up, but this song isn't even supposed to be released til January 27, so I'll take what I can get.

Also, here's another track I've been meaning to post for a quick minute.

Yes! - Lil' Wayne ft. Pharrell
Hit up the full post for more info on the album.

The album was originally thought to be an experimental release in Tha Carter series (as I previously posted), but now it has been revealed that Wayne will be releasing a rock album. He's
often cited Kurt Cobain as one of his major musical influences, and has been planning a rock project for a while now (who remembers Bad Ass Grasshopper?). I wouldn't say rock is Weezy's strong suit, but the album should be interesting to say the least. The only thing I can really hope is that he drops the Auto-Tune for a minute.

No comments: